Help your employees advance their careers ~ Schedule your workshop today!
Workshop participants learn how to identify exactly what makes them competitive candidates and how to develop effective résumé and application content – with a specific emphasis on current hiring standards and trends. Participants walk away with a solid understanding of how to present their experience and navigate USAJOBS – resulting in fewer mistakes when submitting their applications online!
Workshops are designed for up to 20 participants for District or module level presentations. All participants receive informational packets with Tip Sheets that include step-by-step application directions, writing tips, and more. Give your employees the tools they need to get past the automated hiring systems, produce quality applications, and successfully advance their careers!
Previous clients include: the Angeles, Plumas, Mendocino, Cibola, and Shasta-Trinity National Forests, Redding Hotshots, and the National Wildland Firefighter Apprenticeship Program.
Make sure your folks are ready for the hiring season (or the next round of Fire Hire)!
- Our pre-workshop surveys have shown us that as few as 7% of attendees fully understand the Forest Service hiring process and out of all of our workshops, only 3 people have ever been able to correctly identify how the online application process actually works. After our workshops, 99% of attendees indicate that the workshop provided them with enough information to submit a competitive and successful application.
- 100% of surveyed workshop attendees have stated that they felt the workshop was worthwhile.
What they say about us:
Excellent workshop. Found it to be very clear, descriptive, uncomplicated, and fun.
I was skeptical about needing to spend a whole day on resume building but I stand corrected. Thank you!
I like the flow. Easy to follow.
It was in-depth and informative.
I liked the fact that you were in our shoes at one time—so I really feel understood. Thank you.
Very informative. Made me feel more confident about applying…
It was very helpful and the interactive exercises were great.
The material was taught well.
Basic and Advanced Topics
- From step-by-step instruction on how to apply through USAJOBS, to résumé writing techniques — our workshops cover it all.
Designed for Fire Programs
- All instructors come from wildland firefighting backgrounds. Our operational experience adds value to our workshops and allows us to engage participants in a relevant, dynamic way.
- Our half-day workshops are priced at $800 (plus expenses) during Fall of 2017. Multiple workshops (six or more) scheduled on consecutive days are eligible for a 3% discount – it pays to work with neighboring Forests and/or Districts to schedule workshops.
- Workshop costs are normally calculated based on competitive rates of $1500 (plus expenses) for a six hour course.
- Not bad for a customized course delivered at your location!
Contact Us Today
Interested in scheduling a workshop or finding out more? Give us a shout.